Friday, September 17, 2010

The Nile River

 When I went to visit the Nile River, I learned a lot of interesting facts about the river.  The Nile River is 4,184 miles long and flows through nine countries.  The countries the Nile flow through are: Ethiopia, Zaire, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Sudan, and Egypt.  I also learned that the Nile river was, and still is, an important tool in the civilization and life of Egypt.  The Nile floods its banks every year, after the flooding goes down there is a layer of fertile soil left behind.  This soil is good  for farming and growing crops.  This is why there are many people today living along the Nile River.

2 comments:

  1. I really like Egypt. We visited the King Tut exhibit at the De Young Museum in San Francisco last March. It had lots of interesting artifacts. Are you going to be adding any information about the Pharaohs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be, I'll talk to my teacher and see if i can

    ReplyDelete